Forsythe Family Farms - CSA
Community Shared Agriculture CSA.
delivery to Markham, Whitby, Ajax, Oshawa, Stouffville, Unionville, Brooklin and more!
Grow with us!
Here at Forsythe Family Farms we believe our CSA is about many things:
Our CSA is about choosing health without giving up on flavor
Eating locally grown, freshly harvested food is the basis of a healthy diet and is recommended by health-care pro-fessionals. Our Community Supported Agriculture Program (CSA) brings you fresh organic produce at the peak of its season. Our members also have the opportunity to learn how their food is grown, and keep in touch with the farm with weekly newsletters sent out by email.
Our CSA Program is about caring for the environment and where our food is grown
Soil is the basic component of survival for human life. Caring for its health affects not only the people who eat the food today, but also those in the future. Our local CSA members share an interest in making sure that we, the farmers, are supported enabling us to use our best man-agement practices to preserve soil health while growing high quality, nutritious food.
We have two farm share sizes available to meet your needs
- a Produce Share includes an average of 6-8 items per week in quantities suitable for a couple or small family
- a Produce Plus Share includes an average of 8-10 items per week and is suitable for a family of 4 plus.
Shareholders pick up one box of produce every week for 14 weeks.
We try to harvest only enough fresh produce for the number of members picking up that day so that little, if any, food is wasted.
The nature of a CSA means supporting the farmer financially from the beginning of the season. This helps us cover early season costs, such as seeds, farm equipment and materials. This is reflected in our payment plans.
You can choose one of the two payment options:
- Full payment at the beginning of the season
- Two installments over a course of two months.
- Weekly payment is not available.
1 "Produce Share" costs $280 ($20/week. $20x14=$280)
1 "Produce Plus Share" costs $420 ($30/week. $30x14=$420)
Member-share costs will be pro-rated depending on when they join us in the season.
Benefits Of Joining Our Local Toronto CSA!
Partner with us in our journey through the growing season, and reap the benefits with a box of fresh picked produce weekly.
- Each CSA Farm Share will contain a seasonal variety of fruits and vegetables grown by us and other local farmers in Ontario using safe, sustainable and responsible growing methods.
- We will keep you informed about what is happening on the farm with weekly updates including crop reports.
- Our online account management system will enable you to provide feedback, submit vacation requests and review payment history.
- We will include weekly recipes that will inspire you to use your produce in new and traditional ways.
Unlike the grocery store where all fruits and vegetables are always available our CSA members will find that each fruit and vegetable has its own growing season and a time for harvest. Selection in your Share will vary with the season.
The following fruits and vegetables are being grown by us and will be part of your share selection as they become available and ready for harvest:
- Peppers (hot & sweet)
- Tomatoes- a number of varieties including grape tomatoes
- Swiss chard
- Green and yellow beans
- Peas (sweet & sugar snap)
We will also be growing our own fantastic strawberries which are farmer Jim's specialty and will be included in your CSA package during strawberry season in June!
We also plan to supply fresh produce from our local farming friends to top off your package so you have a fuller variety of what grows in Ontario. This gives you a greater selection with fresh from the farm flavour. This selection changes as the season progresses and will include the following:
- Potatoes/Sweet potato
- Sweet Corn – peaches and cream
- Blueberries and raspberries
- Fresh fruit from Niagara; peaches, pears and plums.
- and more
Join in the harvest - June to September
Existing members click here to manage your account!
For any further questions contact Dan at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Forsythe Family Farms CSA